IP address comes from?

eduard

Yes - the way you access it depends on what language you are using. With PHP, for example, you can use the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] index.

I have a website. Can I see, where the IP addresses which visited my website come from?
If you bought a web space to publish your site (if it is not a free web space), normally you have a statistics utility that let you check the number of visits to your web site. The statistic contains a lot of details including the IP address of the visitors.Perhaps you can ask your web space supplier how you can access the statistics file.regardsgabriele

Yes - the way you access it depends on what language you are using. With PHP, for example, you can use the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] index.
This will return some valid IPs, but if they're using a proxy or other forwarding mechanism you may want to go with something like this:
// try and get the real IP address...if (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {	$ip_address = getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP');}elseif (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR')) {	$ip_address = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');}elseif (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED')) {	$ip_address = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED');}elseif (getenv('HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR')) {	$ip_address = getenv('HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR');}elseif (getenv('HTTP_FORWARDED')) {	$ip_address = getenv('HTTP_FORWARDED');}else {	$ip_address = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];}

Heh - well, it all depends on what IP you're trying to get, exactly. Also, proxies don't have to send those headers.

Archived