Select between 2 Negative values

turnin

HI, Well maybe I'm going mad but I have a simple database , one of the fields is a negative value which is out gps latitude, well in NZ it is. :)so I have a database of values between -35.000000 thru -45.000000I want to select values BETWEEN -36.5000 and -36.55000 ( for example, ) but I get 0 rows rurned, if I usethe same search string for a positive value like longitude it works fine, so what is the secret to sel;ecting records Between 2 negative values ( which are small intergers)I really cant find the answer to this Ive looked high and l,Can anyone help.

HI, Well maybe I'm going mad but I have a simple database , one of the fields is a negative value which is out gps latitude, well in NZ it is. :)so I have a database of values between -35.000000 thru -45.000000I want to select values BETWEEN -36.5000 and -36.55000 ( for example, ) but I get 0 rows rurned, if I usethe same search string for a positive value like longitude it works fine, so what is the secret to sel;ecting records Between 2 negative values ( which are small intergers)I really cant find the answer to this Ive looked high and l,Can anyone help.
I have the fields set as integers, any help really appreciated.

I have the fields set as integers, any help really appreciated.
I could be mistaken, but if they're integers then there won't be any values between whole numbers. An integer column won't store a value like '35.00000', it'll truncate it and store '35'. You can store a negative number, i.e. '-50', but not '-50.003'.

Yes, integers are whole numbers, to it is not possible to have any values between -36.50 and -36.55.

Archived