Validation Conundrum

danknol

I'm getting this in a validation check on several pages, and for the life of me I cannot figure out what's wrong. It has to do with an "attribute". Here's the error message in my checker:The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "table" in currently active versions.[XHTML 1.0 Transitional]It's referencing line 147. Here's that piece of code:

<td width="500" align="center" valign="top" class="testimonials-bkg"><div class="testimonials" style="overflow:auto; width:500px; height: 602px;"><table width="445" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="12" table rules="rows">

I must be missing something, can anybody help?

I don't get what you're trying to do there. Can you post the entire table code? You should be doing something like this:

<table>  <tr>	<td></td> 	<td></td>  </tr>  <tr>	<td></td>	<td></td>  </tr></table>

I'm getting this in a validation check on several pages, and for the life of me I cannot figure out what's wrong. It has to do with an "attribute". Here's the error message in my checker:I must be missing something, can anybody help?
<table ... table rules="rows">

Don't know where that came from, but it adds a boolean attribute named "table", which doesn't exist in any spec.

If I had to guess, I'd say this was a copy/paste that got incorrectly altered? What you really want to do is add CSS rules for your table and td elements. What you think of as rules translate into the CSS border property of the <td> element. Borders tend to work best when the CSS border-collapse rule is set also.

Archived