My first CSS Template

rossp

You are seeing this page because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content
:) that's not a good start.

I like the overall feeling, colors and such. Good for a folksy kind of business, or just folks.In Firefox, at least, the content div leaks out the right side of the window. It's true that your sidebar and content div widths add up to 100%, but margins and padding are added on top of that. You'll need a way to make sure all those elements combined add up to 100% of the viewport. Hint: until CSS3 is fully implemented, mixing px values with % values is a recipe for yuck.Small thing, maybe just me: I don't like the underline on the header. It's so linear, and the font (which fits the whole scheme) is so not linear.

That is probably the margin-left property, which may create different results in different browsers. IE and the others use different properties to position the styles and indent the items. I don't trust my memory, but adding text-indent:0 to the ul or li ruleset might do the trick, and that would eliminate the need for the negative margin (assuming I understand why OP added that rule). Personally, I could use a little padding on the left side.

Whoa! I didn't get the alert, I guess because I looked sooner than the others. This could be a nasty host to work with. If they review every page every time you make an update . . .
000webhost are very decent actually, they only do this when you first set up your account in case you are a spam creator etc. It is usually cleared within 24 hours.

updated the nav bar also do you guys have a css code that will make the ul li elements have a margin of 0 or for example as you will see in the update, have the background of the ul be inline with the sidebar background?

Try giving your ul and/or li elements a lineheight to match your sidebar element.Might not work. You may need to define an absolute height for sidebar.Percentages are tricky because the percentage values of child elements are scaled to match.

I am noticing that in IE8 my header doesnt appear but in Chrome it does?!
I see "Earth Template" as your header, if thats your header then i see it on IE8.It also appears that your nav bar is not centered correctly. EDIT: it seems closer to the right then the left.

Archived