Mozilla Firefox

JaredFish

Okay im fairly new to the whole XML thing, but i feel its a good way to go...So i've written my XML file, validated it perfectly, and designed the page to display it... so far so good... tested in IE and works beautifully.... then came mozilla firefox....In the tutorial it says that Firefox has supported XML since v 1.0.2 - i did da "about" thing and my verion is 1.5.0.1 and yes every time i try use XML it doesn't work... even when i use the tryit editor onlin XML examples (from the tutorial) it doesn't display... it doesn't seem to load the XML files...Any ideas??? Coz even as a newbie to XML i can tell how much easier it will make my life when it comes to mini-databases...

• 3 weeks later...
How about providing the code here that doesn't work...

i managed to get a javscript that loads it efficiently.. jst out of interests sake, i cant get the w3schools XML tutorials to work using firefox... not sure if thats just a browser problem or if the code isn't supporting it.. neway thanx 4 replyin but i figured out a work around...JF

The reason might have been that you have used/seen the examples with VBScript which because is Microsoft specification is not that well supported in other browsers. Not to mention that IE and FF use different objects to access XML data. Or you might have just tryed data islands? Nevermind...