Zend Studio 8

Utherr12

I have installed zend studio 8 for 3 days, and it says that it has javascript/ajax and css support but I'm not getting any.I set my workspace to /var/www/ and created a new project (php project) with the name "blogger" where i have my existing files (so the folder already existed). The problem is i have zero support for css and javascript/ajax, there's no code assist or anything, and I'm at a learning stage and really need that :). The php support works just fine.So how do I enable it? Do i need to make a clean project and add them manually?

"Support" is a very broad term. It may not necesarily mean auto-complete.And we are talking about pure such files? Not ones mixed with PHP, right? Getting auto-complete and the like to work right in "mixed" environments is at best a guessing game.A free IDE that has support (as in "auto-complete") for PHP, CSS and HTML is NetBeans (see my signature). If you install XDebug, you can also have PHP debugging in it. Note that beyond the mentioned "auto-complete" feature, support for HTML and CSS in NetBeans is relatively poor (when compared to, say, Dreamwaver).

I've always been looking for a IDE which has auto-complete and code assist to xhtml, css, javascript/ajax, php.And yes, they are pure files :)... for example in css... there's no code assists, i don't know all the properties, and there's no code assists like SharPoint Designer or Dreamweaver has... but http://www.zend.com/en/products/studio/features states that it has, and i can clearly see that in the picture, that extra windows which appears after you type for example (in that pic) border-collapse: doesn't appear in my case.Also when i create a XMLHttprequest object name, for example, ajax, there's no suggestion when i type ajax. ... i was expecting it to show all methods and properties of the XMLHttprequest objecct. Even the simple document.getElement... etc doesn't work, i don't want to type getElementById (which is long) i want to have a window with all the methods and properties of document, exactly as that link states.

There may be a key combo you need to press... traditionally (in Dreamwaver, NetBeans and Visual Studio), it's CTRL+Space, but it may be different in Zend Studio.Also, the availability of auto-complete depends a lot on your syntax being valid. You may have to first make sure your HTML/CSS validates, and only get auto-complete after the fact.

Lol yea, it's ctrl+space BUT i didn't need to do that on dreamweaver :/ (the window for css properties suggestions automatically appeared after i typed a space after ';' character).And for javascript it only works for the objects themselves, methods and properties are not included (it says no default proposals). For example if I type XML then Ctrl+Space it auto completes to XMLHttprequest, but it stops there it doesn't autocomplete XMLHttprequest.onre to .onreadystatechange.

I know Netbeans (see my signature) has CSS, HTML, Javascript and PHP support. It will give you a small sub-window whenever you type in a documented property (CSS), tag (HTML), method (JS) or function (PHP).

Archived