Multidimensional Array Compare

Selacius

I have two multidimensional arrays, one is my base array which I am building on, and the second is which I will be using to build the first. The first array will be filled with "wall" values (my range is -13 to 13 in both the y and x planes). My second array will be filled with "floor" values and can range in size across the x and y planes, which will correlate with the same location in the primary array. For example:My second array goes from y = 0 to y = 5, and x = 0 to x = 5, this correlates to y = 0 to y = 5, and x = 0 to x = 5 in the main array. I want to now compare the 2nd array to the first and check to see if for all values of array 2 that array one is walls. Basically I am creating a map and do not want any overlap between rooms (array 2). I am currently checking with a bunch of for loops, but this is time intensive and often timeouts on me. Also if there is an easy way to insert array 2 into array 1 after determining whether the location is void of any floors, that would be helpful. I once again am using for statements and it is time intensive.

I don't fully understand you question but I think this function will help you...function array_diff( array $array1 , array $array2 [, array $ ... ] ) Returns an array containing all the entries from array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays.

Archived