Help with loop

unplugged_web

I'm trying to get the results from one table, set a field to true, add the results to another table and repeat it 100 times. I've read about for loop and think that this is what I need to use and have written some code, but just wanted a bit of advice about it please.This is what I've got:

<?php$con = mysql_connect("hostname/server IP","username","password");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }for($i=100)	{	echo $i	mysql_select_db("databasename", $con);mysql_query("SELECT * FROM table_one WHERE picked = 'false' LIMIT '1'");mysql_query("UPDATE table_one SET picked = 'true'");mysql_query("INSERT INTO table_two");}mysql_close($con);?>

but I didn't know if it was right and if it would work.Thanks in advance for any advice on this. :)

you can do like

UPDATE table_one SET picked = 'true' WHERE picked='false'

if i am not missunderstanding the problem..it should work i think..

add the results to another table and repeat it 100 times
i am not sure about this..what results are you reffering? all the result from table1 or ony updated row's result?

you can do like
UPDATE table_one SET picked = 'true' WHERE picked='false'

if i am not missunderstanding the problem..it should work i think..i am not sure about this..what results are you reffering? all the result from table1 or ony updated row's result?

ThanksIt's only the updated results that I want to add to the other table

Archived