3 Questions (sort of a beginner at html)

Mark23

I just have three quick questions about HTML coding:1. Whenever I apply an image as a background, it shows up on the sides next to the center column thing, but it also shows up in the content area in the middle. How do I make it show only on the sides?2. I made a horizontal navigation bar with buttons that show a different background and text color when you hover over them. However, it goes like a pixel or so whenever I hover over it, like the image below. How do I prevent this and make it stay the same height as the actual navigation bar?2jee350.png3. If I have a thing in my HTML code (not my CSS part) that I want to change on all pages, is there a way to apply this change to all pages?Thanks! And hello everyone, first post.

It would be wise if you provided the CSS bits to allow us to help you out more. But I am sure the problem is most likely in the horizontal navigations padding values. Since this would explain whats causing the problem. Unless it something else, but I can't tell since I don't have the code ^^

It would be wise if you provided the CSS bits to allow us to help you out more. But I am sure the problem is most likely in the horizontal navigations padding values. Since this would explain whats causing the problem. Unless it something else, but I can't tell since I don't have the code ^^
Thanks for the response! It was the padding, all solved now. :)Also, I fixed the background on my own and got an answer for the all-pages changes on another forum. And sorry about not including code, just weary about putting something that took that much time up on to the web before my site is actually up.

Archived