Am really confuse, plss help....

Tonaldex

Am i mistaking by trying to validate an html page using JAVASCRIPT on a SERVER, my datasource is XML. I mean can HTML run SCRIPT on SERVER just as ASP.NET does?

Server side JavaScript? Do you mean Vb Script?
Technically, any language can be used server side. Although javascript is most commonly used to interact with a web page's DOM, if you set up a web server to use it, you could also use it as a server side language.

You can even use Haskell (well, with a bit of work)!You can't run HTML on a server though, because HTML doesn't "run"...

Your questions are, frankly, not making much sense to me. What are you trying to do?You can use JavaScript as a server-side language. You can run JavaScript on the ASP framework if you so like, and use ActiveX controls.

Okay!! Precisely, dis is wat i mean..... I just built a website with .html as d xtension. I try validating form with javascript using d ActiveX control, i have tried every possible code but the validation isn't working. Note :- the HTML file is on the Server(IIS). Now my question is => Is my validation not working bcos i am using an HTML or do i need to adjust my code?

Okay!! Precisely, dis is wat i mean..... I just built a website with .html as d xtension. I try validating form with javascript using d ActiveX control, i have tried every possible code but the validation isn't working. Note :- the HTML file is on the Server(IIS). Now my question is => Is my validation not working bcos i am using an HTML or do i need to adjust my code?

You're still not making any sence.Web pages don't use a single thing... they're a combination of various languages, where one creates the other or serves as it's execution environment.When you type an address in your browser, the browser goes to that server, sends it a request for a specific "resource" defined by what you've typed. The server needs to give some content, but it can decide what to give.Using ASP.NET, you can create ".aspx" files in which you write what content must the server give. The server reads that file and gives to the client whatever you've said there. You can use any programming language supported by .NET (which includes VBScript, JScript, C#, etc.) to inpect the request and decide what to do and/or give based on it.With or without ASP.NET, you can give to the client HTML that contains JavaScript (or a link to a JavaScript file) to be executed by the browser. From within that JavaScript, you can call ActiveX controls, and do something else in case the control is not available (e.g. promt the user to install it).Now... after letting the above sink in... what are you actually tring to do?

Am very grateful 2 u all who as out of no time reply to my topic. Agreed, maybe i wasn't asking d right question or maybe i was just confusing u guys with my ignorance. But i think i just got it 2ru exstensive searching... Thanks 2 u all.

Archived