registry files

rfogalx

At work today we were dealing with .reg files and the company that we deal with has set some guide lines to the file names that they recognize therefore we don't have the luxury of just adding blank lines into the mix.. therefore we were hoping to add carriage returns to the end of the string data but for some reason regedit does not recognize any carriage returns that I can come up with.. so i was wondering.. has anyone else ever run into this problem and know how to add carriage returns to the end of the string data? we are able to change the binary data so that spaces are present.. but when we export and then try to import onto another machine, or the same machine, the spaces are lost - really it seems like regedit completely ignores any line that contains carriage returns and does not update that particular line - any ideas? It'd be a pain to go to 400+ machines and change the binary..

I think you stumbled on to the wrong forum unless your working on Windows server. I believe that the carriage return in windows is represented by two characters : \r\n unlike unix systems that use \n. Maybe that helps?

I think you stumbled on to the wrong forum unless your working on Windows server. I believe that the carriage return in windows is represented by two characters : \r\n unlike unix systems that use \n. Maybe that helps?
i am using windows server.. and \r and \r do not work thanks though!

Archived