scroll bar..

bphanisarma

i want to add a scroll bar to my existing photo gallery ..i tried sme online tutorials but not succeeded....i will try to send the fla file in the night...my problem is i dont have any idea how to combine all the parts like layers, buttons, action script, timeline...one same time...somebody plz help me....is some body know how to create a scroll bar in flash 8 easily...please describe what to add where and how....pleasethanks

• 1 month later...
i want to add a scroll bar to my existing photo gallery ..i tried sme online tutorials but not succeeded....i will try to send the fla file in the night...my problem is i dont have any idea how to combine all the parts like layers, buttons, action script, timeline...one same time...somebody plz help me....is some body know how to create a scroll bar in flash 8 easily...please describe what to add where and how....pleasethanks

Hi bphanisarma, I'm pixelcrush a new member of the forum.I am going to do my best to help you find a solution to your problem - one that really works.In Flash go to Menu Item>Window>Development Panels>Components and click on it to load this toolbar in your workspace. There is a ready made article in there called ScrollPane. Drag it onto the stage and position it where you want it, but first select the frame (in the timeline) and the layer that you want it to be in. Then go Help>click the Index symbol (the little blue book to the right of the arrows) and find the entry for the "Scrollpane Component". Follow all these instructions and you should be able to get a scrollpane working in your Flash piece.If you don't get it the first time, don't give up, keep trying. The info in Flash Help was the only information I used to make a scrolling pane of text - I asked a teacher at College how to do it and his explanation did not help me, not only that his didn't work properly! But I wanted to use one so I kept trying and I did succeed.For the other question:"my problem is i dont have any idea how to combine all the parts like layers, buttons, action script, timeline...one same time..."Answer: Each item that you make in Flash is easier to handle if it is on its own layer. For example call one layer "text", another "pictures", another "actions", another "sounds", another "buttons" etc. Then move to the point or frame in the time line that you want to add something and click on it. Insert your picture, or sound, etc in the frame (on the appropriate layer) and modify it from then on.I hope this helps you,pixelcrush