HTML

Prakash

Technically, there really isn't a way you can hide this from users, because of the way the internet works- your code is sent upon request to the user when he visits your web address, and then his browser decodes it, and draws the site.If you successfully hid the source from your viewers, you'd also succeed in hiding your webpage from them, as well...There are scripts that prevent "right-clicking", but those get in the way of plenty of things, especially scroll buttons, and I would advise against using them.Maybe you're asking the wrong question. Why would you want to hide your web source?

yea your chances of somebody stealing your HTML is pretty low. Most people could care less. if you code in only HTML (no php or anything) you could encrypt it into a few lines of javascript. But anyone with the time could decode it. it basically converts tag items into their ASCII equivelents.http://www.designerwiz.com/ad-framer.htm?h...ncryptHTML1.htm

• 3 years later...
Guest FirefoxRocks

There is no point in hiding HTML code. If you manage to completely block off the View Source option, you can always run the page through the W3C validator and enable Show source.Or you can save the page to your computer and open it in a text editor.I highly doubt you can completely block off the view source. And as someone said, encrypting the code...it only takes a matter of time to decode it.

Yep, what everyone else says....and to re-ask a question of Nago's:

Why would you want to hide your web source?
Most people only look at html to study stuff. One thing that's always fun is I would like to know how someone designed a page but I discover code that links out to a css style sheet or some javascrip, etc. If I could I'd love to see the style sheet used.So if you're just trying to hide how you designed the web page's looks you could shoot for that. Dunno why you would but whatever suit ya. =) Edited by Trotun

Guest FirefoxRocks
you could use frame method. so the viewer just look a frame html code.
All recent browsers have an option that says "View Frame Source" or something similar.

Most people only look at html to study stuff. One thing that's always fun is I would like to know how someone designed a page but I discover code that links out to a css style sheet or some javascrip, etc. If I could I'd love to see the style sheet used.
following the path of the CSS file being called is usually a good way of finding it.

following the path of the CSS file being called is usually a good way of finding it.
hrm, weird that never worked before. I ended up going to a blank page last time. Didn't find anything when I checked source. Meh, I probably made some silly mistake. :)Thanks Scientist

in theory it should work, I'm pretty sure I've done it before. :)

Edited by thescientist

Yet another way is to push the enter button for about 100 lines, it will seem to not be there, and the browser will "skip" those lines and register only the actual HTML, unless they look at the scrollbar; that is one way to "hide" it!

Edited by HTML.Coder