$?

eduard

How do I find the PHP sign (similar to the $ sign on my Apple computer? The keyboard is configured for the spanish language because I live in Chile!

How do I find the PHP sign (similar to the $ sign on my Apple computer? The keyboard is configured for the spanish language because I live in Chile!
If you are still on an Apple machine, then find the language icon (probably a flag) in the main menu of your Finder window (top right corner or thereabouts). Click on it. In the drop-down menu that appears find the Show Keyboard Viewer Option. In Spanish this option might read "Muestre el espectador del teclado", but this is only a guess. Then, apply your option, shift, and control keys to change the keyboard interface until you can discover the character that you want.Roddy

If you are still on an Apple machine, then find the language icon (probably a flag) in the main menu of your Finder window (top right corner or thereabouts). Click on it. In the drop-down menu that appears find the Show Keyboard Viewer Option. In Spanish this option might read "Muestre el espectador del teclado", but this is only a guess. Then, apply your option, shift, and control keys to change the keyboard interface until you can discover the character that you want.Roddy
Thanks! But can I also use a short cut (e. g. alt + ?)?

It´s not the dollar sign? So, where about do I have to look?
It does not sound like you are on an Apple machine, so I am unable to help you any further.Roddy

I use since 2004 Apple Macintosh computers! I´ll ask someone else!
Anyone who says ALT instead of OPTION sounds like a WINDOWS' user to me. What MacOS are you using?Roddy

For many years, the Mac option key has also been labeled "alt," though in smaller letters. This may be to help PC users make a smoother transition.OTOH, it does sound like the question is not getting answered here. A more appropriate forum might be one that deals specifically with Spanish-language Macintosh users.

Anyone who says ALT instead of OPTION sounds like a WINDOWS' user to me. What MacOS are you using?Roddy
On my keybord is written ALT OPTION. MAC OS X 10.4.11

eduardchile, please calm down. The only thing obvious here is that we are offering all the help we can. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Please accept that. If you keep getting angry, people will stop trying to help.

eduardchile, please calm down. The only thing obvious here is that we are offering all the help we can. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Please accept that. If you keep getting angry, people will stop trying to help.
Angry? I am not angry! Maybe a little bit overstressed!

It's difficult for me to find help for this, because all of my search results are in English (and I wouldn't know if the answers in Spanish are helpful anyway). I would suggest using Google to search for a Spanish phrase similar to something like "spanish mac keyboard dollar sign" (except, obviously, in Spanish; any answers are going to be in Spanish). You could throw in a "-ipad" to skip results that contain "ipad".

Archived