I can not force PHP to include my file no matter what I try.

sepoto

In my phpinfo.php I see the following is listed:include_path .:/var/www/html/which I have verified to be correct. My file resides in /var/www/html/superfish.htm. I have turned on error reporting to the best of my ability in php.ini. I have also used the functions 'include("superfish.htm");, 'require("superfish.htm");,readfile("superfish.htm"). None of them have worked. None of them will include my file. Further... there are no error messages for me to look at. No PHP errors seem to be generated. What can be done? This task is so simple, I just want to take all the crap in one file and dump it into another yet here I am hours later still messing with it. Ahh well such is the life of a computer geek I guess.Thanks,Eric

can you show us the complete file that has the include statement? Did you save it with the .php extension? Is the file with the include statement in the same directory as superfish.htm?what happens if you add this to the file with the include statement? You should see a bunch of info, just verify the server is running correctly.

phpinfo();

Edited by thescientist

In my phpinfo.php I see the following is listed:include_path .:/var/www/html/which I have verified to be correct.
I have several comments:1) If you working in a UNIX system, the designation .:/ is correct. If you working in Windows it is incorrect.2) Whatever system you are using .:/var/www/html/ is a string and must be entered with quotation marks.3) Have you checked your file and director permissions?Roddy