mkdir() function not working

sridaran

I need to create a new directory and also subdirectories inside that directory in the specific location. I am using the following code, where $msg is displaying perfectly on both if & else condition and $workgrp is the name we are giving in input text box. But no directory created on the specified location. I am using PHP 5.1.6 version in Redhat Linux 5 version. Do I need to make any changes on the php conf file to make mkdir() function to work? $imt_dbpath = "/home/workarea/mailer/development/imtdbpath/"; if(file_exists($imt_dbpath.$workgrp)){ $msg = "Work Group Already Exists"; }else{ umask(0); mkdir($imt_dbpath.$workgrp,0777); $file = fopen($imt_dbpath.$workgrp."/users",'w+'); fclose($file); mkdir($imt_dbpath.$workgrp."/campaigns",0777); mkdir($imt_dbpath.$workgrp."/ftpbox",0777); mkdir($imt_dbpath.$workgrp."/uploadbox",0777); $msg = "Work Group Created Successfully"; }R.Sridaran

Do you get any errors? Does PHP have permissions to modify the directory parent to the folders you want to create?

I am not getting any errors. If I give new name, it is displaying message "workgroup created successfully". But no folders(workgroup) on the specified location. If I give the existing name, it is displaying message "workgroup already exists".Path Folder PermissionFolder Access : Create and Delete FIlesActually this directory should be created on the Sqlite database path "/home/workarea/mailer/development/imtdbpath/"(PHP & Sqlite are Connected). Also if we create any directory in the db path manually, it is displaying in the front-end php as dropdown list.R.Sridaran

Archived