combine 2 variables

cinek

is it possible to combine 2 variables into one?I want a value of 1 variable and a value of 2nd variable, combined into 1 variable name which should contain a 3rd variableI tried this, but it doesn't work ;/$var1.$var2 = $var3

Is something like this what you're after:Where:$var1 = "var";$var2 = "Name";doing:$$var1$var2 = "new variable";is the same as:$varName = "new variable";If that doesn't help you, could you explain a little more?EDIT: Fixed my syntax a little. Had some minor errors.EDIT2: Hmm...apparently I have my syntax way off. I can't get this to work...I know there's a way to do it..........:)

basically I need to get an image height of all divs which go through a loop. I count the no of times the loop goes around - and save it to $var2. The height of the image, is set in var $heightnow, to be able to use this, I need to create a 3rd variable $var3 and combine the name $var3 with the data from $var2so e.g. loop goes around once = $imageHeight1 = $heighttwice = $imageHeight2 = $height (new var $imageHeight + data from $var2 =old var $height)etc etc

Ah-ha, the key is to use the dot operator like this:$varName = "varVar";${'test'.$varName} = "Variable variable";echo $testvarVar;I was trying to do it like this: $test{$varName}which didn't work.I didn't look at the user notes on the manual page before...

Archived