A sample mysql database for learning?

bbala

Hi, I want some sql file like pubs2 database of sybase with excersises to try out.Mainly to demonstrate/learn the use of joins, normalisation, basic select, update, insert queries, keys etc,Thanks,

i am not sure what do you mean by pubs2 database..why you want the pubs 2 databse..you can always create a one and can practise on your own..if you have mysql installed.if you want to practise sql i think you should use mysql command line instead of phpmyadmin.

pubs2 is just a sample database. The advantage is it has lots of tables created already. So you can directly start trying select statements, joins etc. Its also helps to understand various normal forms of database.http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.js...ug/sqlug894.htm

i am not sure what do you mean by pubs2 database..why you want the pubs 2 databse..you can always create a one and can practise on your own..if you have mysql installed.if you want to practise sql i think you should use mysql command line instead of phpmyadmin.

though i did not use this type of db yet..as far i am getting it will cover the DQL part..but i think if you want to practise all DDL,DCL,DML you may like to do it by creating your own..once you create db and table..and dumping some data on it..you can start practising...once your tables are populated you dont need to do much...you can practise queries on it after that.

Archived