Which Do I learn First?

Krewe

Hey Guys,In a few weeks I plan on learning MySQL and PHP. Which do I learn first?PHP or MySQL? Thanks~Krewe

both are different language and used for different purpose...i think there is no priority...you can start learning simultanously with both...(basic sql with php wont be much tough to catch up)or you can study isolately each language..you can use mysql without knowing php..and vice versa..but if you are going to implement database in web aplication then mysql comes into the topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what you are planning to do with them. As already stated both are different languages. Id recommend learning php first. Once you get used to that. Create a database in SQL and then start learning sql, then link the two together and do SQL calls within your PHP code.What database platform are you planning on using? If you use Microsoft Access, you can create a basic database with using SQL, then start doing basic queries, within Access itself.

• 1 month later...
Depends what you are planning to do with them. As already stated both are different languages. Id recommend learning php first. Once you get used to that. Create a database in SQL and then start learning sql, then link the two together and do SQL calls within your PHP code.What database platform are you planning on using? If you use Microsoft Access, you can create a basic database with using SQL, then start doing basic queries, within Access itself.
Thanks for the good suggestion

Archived