Strien function?

eduard

There is no function called strien(). If you mean strlen(), well, you use it to find the length of a string.

There are any number of situations where you want to find the length of a string. Maybe you're doing form validation, and you want to make sure it's not too long. Maybe you're looping through each character in the string, and need to know how many times to loop.

There are any number of situations where you want to find the length of a string. Maybe you're doing form validation, and you want to make sure it's not too long. Maybe you're looping through each character in the string, and need to know how many times to loop.
Ok, thanks!

I understand that strien is for the length of a string! But when and why are you using it?
strlen, not strienIt has a variety of uses. It depends on your application. If, for some reason, you need to know the length of a string, you use strlen. I can't think of any specific examples right now, but I'm sure others will. EDIT: See, jsg, already beat me to the punch. :)

Archived