Sign in to follow this  
jaylow

First website

this is my first site its fan site for a MMO game i am still updating it all the time because the game is just entered beta stage and there are lotsof updatesi use a lot of tutorials to experiment around please tell me what you thinkVisit My Website

A few things:The general layout is good. It could use some refinement but it's up to you.Good job on not using tables for the layout, which seems to be what most people start out doing. One thing that takes some getting used to when switching to layers is padding, which your sidebars/header/footer could use. Your content shouldn't touch the outside edge of your layout "blocks".Also, my default styling is showing on your page. Try adding some styling to your sheet for header elements, p, a, img, etc. One thing I like to do is set the p,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5 and h6 elements to margin:0 and padding:0 0 {your line spacing here} 0, and then of course add some styling for your hyperlinks and body text.That's about all I've got as far as suggestions go. Maybe space the "header" a little more from the content of the page as well. Good luck!

this is my first site its fan site for a MMO game i am still updating it all the time because the game is just entered beta stage and there are lotsof updatesi use a lot of tutorials to experiment around please tell me what you thinkVisit My Website
see pagehttp://fleet-fan-site.co.cc/gameinfo/gameinfo.htmlyou used a SPAN to style the page title, but it is empty then you used more H1 to style the rest of the subtitles.You should really use H1 for the main title of the page and, there should only be one H1 per page. Make your H2 style the same as H1 style to keep what you have now but only one H1 per page.also the menu occupies only a small bit of space int he header. Considering other titles are so LARGE, make the menu a bit bigger and colourful so it stands out.Guy

I think the site is OK, taking into consideration that it is your first.However...You have added the HTML valid links in the bottom, but your site is nowhere near valid ( 26 errors ) - please get that corrected :)I would also try to make a larger and better logo, instead of the small one on the left.

Try viewing the page with a screen resolution 1024px wide. This is still the most common resolution out there. I think you will be disappointed by the position of the animation at the top. I realize it is centered in the right-hand section, which I assume is the goal, but the way the sizes of the other elements line up, it looks as if the page tries and fails to align the animation with the wider content column just below it. It's a trick of the eye more than anything, but it's the first thing I noticed.At higher resolutions, the animation simply looks a tad off-center. Less annoying, but still awkward.Personally, I would center it over the content column or, better yet, align it flush left with the content column. I might also add some sort of graphic (or at least background color/gradient) to its immediate right so that the gloomy, gray-blue animation isn't floating in a bunch of happy yellow. That would better integrete it into the whole, I think.