round picture

webrimor

Are you saying you want to create a circular clickable area on an imagemap?Or do you want to edit a circle onto an existing image?

Why don't you just insert the circle using an image editor, such as Photoshop, before using it on the website? Otherwise, if you create an circle image with a transparent background then it won't have a rectangular frame visible around it.

Why don't you just insert the circle using an image editor, such as Photoshop, before using it on the website? Otherwise, if you create an circle image with a transparent background then it won't have a rectangular frame visible around it.
it's right, but a picture that placed above background hides the background, and if i have a white rectangular picture with red circle on it and green background finally i'l get green bckground white rectangle with red circle into it. or if i have a backgrnd-map with road rectangle will hide part of roads.i don't know photoshop.

it's right, but a picture that placed above background hides the background, and if i have a white rectangular picture with red circle on it and green background finally i'l get green bckground white rectangle with red circle into it. or if i have a backgrnd-map with road rectangle will hide part of roads.i don't know photoshop.
make your circle a GIF filemake sure the inside and outside are the same colour (any colour will do, like green)then edit the properties of the GIF file to set it to transparentthen you select the transparent colour (e.g. make green the trasnparent colour)Whatever picture editor program you use, its documentation should explain how to do that. I also believe that PNG format can have transparent colour but I have not used.

PNGs are better for this purpose, as they support alpha-channel transparency, which means you can have varying degrees of transparency, resulting in a smoother appearance.The point is, you get an image of a circle, but instead of having a white background, you have a transparent background. GIMP is a nice free image editor you can use.