User profile

yeredkeremath

what do you know of server side scripting or databases? Another way is just to simply use a text or XML file, but that could become increasingly harder to manage as the list of users grows.

what do you know of server side scripting or databases? Another way is just to simply use a text or XML file, but that could become increasingly harder to manage as the list of users grows.
Can you explain in details please or post me link to any reference if you have!Please!I'm badly in need of it.

you need to use any server side language (eg php) and a database (eg mysql).as thescintist said you can use any file(eg text,xml) to store the data instead of database. but it will not be good to manage. orkut fb uses database system to manage data.so to achieve that you t to know atleast any server side languages with html,css.which language you are going to use?

You could've looked on the left of the W3Schools menu at least... there's this "Server Scripting" section...PHP - one of the many server scripting languages. That one, if not anything else, is the most popular one.SQL - the language used to deal with most database systems. All different kinds of databases have a variation of this language, but the tutorial shows the basics which are common across such systems. PHP is most typically used with MySQL, but can be used with many other popular database systems, like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and more.

• 2 weeks later...
you need to use any server side language (eg php) and a database (eg mysql).as thescintist said you can use any file(eg text,xml) to store the data instead of database. but it will not be good to manage. orkut fb uses database system to manage data.so to achieve that you t to know atleast any server side languages with html,css.which language you are going to use?
I know JSP and i am using the same to build web pages and even i am using database.But i need code to develop such functionality!Not getting any idea how to write code for that.please do help me.

I know JSP and i am using the same to build web pages and even i am using database.But i need code to develop such functionality!Not getting any idea how to write code for that.please do help me.
JSP is a server-side language, so it would work. But these days, most websites are built PHP or Ruby on Rails, which are easier to work with when building websites.

Archived