PEAR (HTTP/1.1 410 Gone)

Man In Tan

Hmmm .... I am new to PEAR, and I'm trying to install a BB code parser. When I tell PEAR to install the package, it gets a 410 error from the PEAR server.

TanServer:~ X$ pear install HTML_BBCodeParserHTTP error, got response: HTTP/1.1 410 GoneDidn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 410 Gone)
It gets a similar response when I tell it to upgrade itself.
TanServer:~ X$ pear upgrade pearHTTP error, got response: HTTP/1.1 410 GoneDidn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 410 Gone)
Is there anything I can do about this? If it makes a difference, the following are what I have pre-installed:
TanServer:~ X$ pear listInstalled packages:===================Package Version State Archive_Tar 1.1 stable Console_Getopt 1.2 stable DB 1.6.2 stable HTTP 1.2.2 stable Mail 1.1.3 stable Net_SMTP 1.2.6 stable Net_Socket 1.0.1 stable PEAR 1.3.2 stable XML_Parser 1.0.1 stable XML_RPC 1.1.0 stable

Your PEAR installer version seems to be very old... the latest stable one is 1.9.1. All URLs, including that of the PEAR installer itself, seem to have been updated.Newer versions of PHP include a more recent version of the PEAR installer, so if you can get, say, PHP 5.3.5, you'll have if not the latest PEAR installer, at least one that can be easily upgraded to the latest one.

I can't afford to reinstall my PHP. It's built into my operating system (Mac OS X 10.4), so I don't think I can remove it. If I install a newer version, I'll still have the old version taking up space. My hard drive is old, and only holds 20 GB, half of which is taken up by formatting, system files, and the operating system itself. Is there a way to edit the PEAR PHP files in "/usr/lib/php/pear/" to point to the correct URLs long enough to have PEAR update itself (or upgrade PHP without deleting and reinstalling it)?

I didn't know Mac OS X includes PHP... is anything dependant on it? If not, you can simply delete your PHP folder and install the newer one.

Yes, Apache, PHP, Perl, SQLite(though I still haven't figured out how to use SQLite), PEAR, and who-knows-what-other-web-server-related-programs are all installed with the OS X operating system. I tried deleting several files that looked like PHP, but PHP is still kicking. I put everything back, in case it has something to do with other parts of the system.My new attempt at BB codes, is a PECL extension. I tried to install it, but the command was invalid on my system.

TanServer:~ X$ pecl install bbcode-bash: pecl: command not found
So, I tried to use PHPize, using the instructions on this page, but I got an error.
TanServer:~ X$ cd /Users/X/Desktop/bbcode-1.0.2TanServer:~/Desktop/bbcode-1.0.2 X$ phpizeCannot find config.m4. Make sure that you run '/usr/bin/phpize' in the top level source directory of the module
It seems I'm missing a file. I tried an internet search, as well as the command line help option, but neither were much help.
TanServer:~/Desktop/bbcode-1.0.2 X$ phpize --helpUsage: /usr/bin/phpize [--clean|--help|--version|-v]
The internet told me that the file is used to configure extension options, but not where to find / how to write a config.m4 file.

That can't be right... is your computer a second-hand one? One that was owned by a web developer probably? Are you using an unlicensed retouched version of OS X?Any chance you could reinstall a non-retouched OS X and install the latest versions from scratch afterwards?The versions are too old. Period.

Yes, the computer is second hand, but I already re-installed the operating system from the disk. Before reinstalling the operating system, the computer had a bunch of weird applications, and wouldn't recognize it's wireless card, so I had to take everything off. Since OS X, Macintosh computers have built-in web programs, without any extra installation. http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Apache/Usin...HP-on-Mac-OS-X/The only problem is that because the operating system is old, so are the web programs. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can find an external hard drive to store some of the extra data before I can install BB code.

I am running OS X 10.4.11 on a PowerPC.EDIT: I found the config.m4, it just wasn't in the directory that PHPize wanted it to be in. Now, it complains about not finding an autoconf file.

TanServer:~ X$ cd /Users/X/Desktop/bbcode-1.0.2TanServer:~/Desktop/bbcode-1.0.2 X$ phpizegrep: /usr/include/php/main/php.h: No such file or directorygrep: /usr/include/php/Zend/zend_modules.h: No such file or directorygrep: /usr/include/php/Zend/zend_extensions.h: No such file or directoryConfiguring for:PHP Api Version: Zend Module Api No: Zend Extension Api No: Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable is set correctly and then rerun this script.
I checked the entire document tree of the unziped .tgz file this time, but the autoconf file is not there.EDIT (2): I give up. while trying to build a robot script, I found more issues with my outdated PHP. I'll just have to delete some of my personal files, to make room for a new installment of PHP.I feel like an idiot, but I can't make heads or tails out of these instructions. http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache.php. Can someone please help me? I have "/Users/X/Desktop/php-5.2.17.tar.bz2" sitting on my desktop, as well as it's double unzipped form, "/Users/X/Desktop/php-5.2.17/", and I'm trying to install PHP5 as a module of Apache.I am running Apache version 1.3.41, and due to the way it is tied into the system, I will not upgrade Apache.Any help would be greatly appreciated.EDIT (3): Never mind, I found an installer. http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ Edited by Man In Tan