Promoting myself as developer of databases

eduard

If you want to move the database to a different server, an easy way is to export all of the tables and data into the SQL format, and copy and paste the SQL code it gives you from one server to the other. You can export as SQL from phpMyAdmin, and then use phpMyAdmin on the other server to execute the SQL code to set the database up and add all of the data. Once the database is there then you can upload your PHP scripts which use it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to move the database to a different server, an easy way is to export all of the tables and data into the SQL format, and copy and paste the SQL code it gives you from one server to the other. You can export as SQL from phpMyAdmin, and then use phpMyAdmin on the other server to execute the SQL code to set the database up and add all of the data. Once the database is there then you can upload your PHP scripts which use it.
Do you mean all the php and mysql files which are executed by my webserver (MAMP) export to my host server (inside the website folder)?

Sure, you must copy all files from www folder, but about mysql, you must export as justsomeguy stated. Couse files are separated thing from database schema.

Sure, you must copy all files from www folder, but about mysql, you must export as justsomeguy stated. Couse files are separated thing from database schema.
Ok, thanks!

• 5 months later...
I'm not sure what you mean by an image of a database, but I would refer you back to post 5. A database is fine, but a database without an application that uses it isn't going to get you paid. People don't want to buy databases, they want to buy applications. A database is only one part of an application.
Do you find the image of a database on my homepage is clear?

Archived