Notification bar or window?

Kimbh

I have been using Wibiya and other similar tools as well as looked at Hello Bar. I watched my web site audience uses of these tools and they only tool they use is the live notification where each day I post the newest free printable. I really don’t need a full toolbar and wonder if there was a way with CSS to make a simple notification where I can put in what is the days need offer and a link, nothing fancy. Any help would be very much appreciated.Kimberly

CSS is just for styling markup. What sort of notification were you thinking about anyway? You could have some sort of email digest, or an RSS feed.

CSS is just for styling markup. What sort of notification were you thinking about anyway? You could have some sort of email digest, or an RSS feed.
I have been doing a lot of research since my last posting and I guess it called a floating toolbar head or footer. The Hello Bar is nice but you have to be invited. However I would be happy with a little box the that came up at the bottom that showed up and faded away after a few seconds that can be reopened by the click of the bottom. I can manual daily put in the new printable I offered that day. As you can tell I am kind of lost on what to do. My main goal is to find a way to add a notification without having to make a new flash banner ever day. I figure it was worth asking for a direction on where to start or what search terms I need to use. It hard to research this when most the time when I do all I come up with stuff unrelated to what I am looking for. Thanks for your timeKimberly

I'm not clear if you are asking 1 question or 2. The first would be how to create a floating widget that can be made to appear and disappear. The second would be how to populate the toolbar with data from a dynamic source.Clarification would help.

Basically, you just want to create an element that can be hidden? This would require several technologies - you of course would use CSS to actually style the, uh, notification element, but to implement the animation you would need to use JavaScript.Remember, all CSS is for is styling stuff. It doesn't actually do anything.

Basically, you just want to create an element that can be hidden? This would require several technologies - you of course would use CSS to actually style the, uh, notification element, but to implement the animation you would need to use JavaScript.Remember, all CSS is for is styling stuff. It doesn't actually do anything.
So you know:Before posting I knew: CSS was only the style stuff.I knew it would take more then only CSS to do what I wanted. I had only hoped someone could point me in the right direct since part of coding would need to be CSS. Thanks for your time

Well, you can use the CSS to make the "notification bar" look however you want - we can't tell you what you want the element to look like. If you are having trouble with any of the other components (e.g. the JavaScript to make it hide) then don't hesitate to ask.

Well, you can use the CSS to make the "notification bar" look however you want - we can't tell you what you want the element to look like. If you are having trouble with any of the other components (e.g. the JavaScript to make it hide) then don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks, I had some people on another forum give me what some ideas about CSS and jQuery to research and other term keywords to look for on google. I have a direction to research now.

Archived