Everything works in my <div> except vertical-align: middle?

sepoto

Everything in this style sheet work for the <div> that I apply it to EXCEPT the "vertical-align: middle;". I checked for my semi-colon this time. I am trying to figure out why it is not being applied and absolutely everything else is. Any thoughts? For instance if I style a child element does that take precedence over the style of a parent element? I am taking this code from SandBox v1.6 for WordPress.Thanks!

#blog-title {-moz-box-sizing: border-box;box-sizing: border-box;border: solid green 3px;background-color: black;margin: 0;padding: 0;height: 75px;width: 100%;overflow: hidden;text-align: left;vertical-align: middle;}

Everything in this style sheet work for the <div> that I apply it to EXCEPT the "vertical-align: middle;".
see discussion on this website and try the demoVertical-align relates to the surrounding text and not the container. There is another post in the CSS forum talking about this issue, latest post feb 11:"""vertical-align: middle; having no effect at all on my <DIV>"""It seems the solution is to revert to table bahaviour where vertical-align seemed to mean within the cell.Guy

Archived