how to use xsl:variable

kirangentlebreeze1987

hello experts i am a newbie to xslt and stuff i need to know how to use xsl:variable this is my file1.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><employee>	<employeeinf>		<empid>1231</empid>	</employeeinf>	<employeeinf>		<empid>1232</empid>	</employeeinf></employee>

this is my file2.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="empformattr.xsl"?><employee><employeeForm name="employeeform"><field name="enter the id" id="empId" type="text" nodeValue="empid"></field><field name="enter the id" id="empId" type="text" nodeValue="empid"></field></employeeForm></employee>

this is my xslt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"><xsl:variable name="emp" select="document('emp1.xml')"/><xsl:template match="/">	<html>		<body>			<table border="1">				<xsl:for-each select="/employee/employeeForm/field">					<xsl:variable name="nodeid"select="/employee/employeeForm/field/@nodeValue"/>						<xsl:if test="/employee/employeeForm/field/@type[. = 'text']">						<tr>						<td><xsl:value-of select="/employee/employeeForm/field/@name"/></td><td><input type="text" name="id" id="{/employee/employeeForm/field/@id}" value="{$emp/employee/employeeinf/nodeid}"/></td>						</tr>					</xsl:if>				</xsl:for-each>			</table>		</body>	</html></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

there in the xsl variable i am taking out the value of nodeId in file2.xml and in the statement <td><xsl:value-of select="/employee/employeeForm/field/@name"/></td><td><input type="text" name="id" id="{/employee/employeeForm/field/@id}" value="{$emp/employee/employeeinf/nodeid}"/></td>i am using nodeid and itshould fetch the value of empid in file1.xml

If you happen to look at the other thread I replied to you would have your answer.Thanks for not thanking me before!I am not sure I understand you, but I think you need something like this:$emp/employee/employeeinf[empid = $nodeid]/empidYou need to do a tutorial on xslt because you can't constantly get other people to do your work for you.

If you happen to look at the other thread I replied to you would have your answer.Thanks for not thanking me before!I am not sure I understand you, but I think you need something like this:$emp/employee/employeeinf[empid = $nodeid]/empidYou need to do a tutorial on xslt because you can't constantly get other people to do your work for you.
thank you friend

Archived