Transform XML in XLS (excel) file with XSL file

safetyweek

Hi all, I need your help.This XSL code working well when export to csv file delimited values with "," (comma).Output csv file:

xID, DATE_INS, P 20375, 2011-02-15, 6.60

For open the csv file I use the Microsoft Excel and import csv file with wizard procedure. When import values of csv file in excel software the value 6.60 is transformed in 0,291666666666667.Output in excel:

xID		DATE_INS	P20375	2011-02-15	0,291666666666667

Now I need with XSL code export through xls file and I change your code in this lines:

<xsl:text>,</xsl:text>

in

<xsl:text>	</xsl:text>

I have output xls but with this problem: In the output excel (xls) I see in the field value P 0,291666666666667 instead of 6,6.I believe that in excel the value 6.60 is interpreted as time...I find one solution but I'm not sure that is the right.I change this line:

<xsl:value-of select="$row/@*[name()=$columnName]"/>

with:

<xsl:value-of select="translate($row/@*[name()=$columnName,'.',',')]" />

And in excel output I see in field P 6,6, right value.You understand me ?XSL file:

<?xml version="1.0"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:s="uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:rs="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset" xmlns:z="#RowsetSchema">	<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>	<xsl:template match="/">		<!-- show a header by looking Schema element -->		<xsl:for-each select="/xml/s:Schema/s:ElementType/s:AttributeType">			<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>			<xsl:choose>				<xsl:when test="position()!=last()">					<xsl:text>,</xsl:text>				</xsl:when>				<xsl:otherwise>					<xsl:text></xsl:text>				</xsl:otherwise>			</xsl:choose>		</xsl:for-each>		<!-- row data -->		<xsl:for-each select="/xml/rs:data/z:row">	  <xsl:variable name="row" select="."/>	  <!-- for each column -->			<xsl:for-each select="/xml/s:Schema/s:ElementType/s:AttributeType">			   <!-- display each column if it exists -->			  <xsl:variable name="columnName" select="@name"/>				<!-- go through all columns and display something that matches-->				<xsl:value-of select="$row/@*[name()=$columnName]"/>				<xsl:if test="position()!=last()">					<xsl:text>,</xsl:text>				</xsl:if>		</xsl:for-each>			<xsl:text></xsl:text>	  </xsl:for-each>	</xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Archived