Loading documents to a website

SA Rob

Hi Folks,I have a series of documents that I would like to load onto a website.That is the easy part in that it can be doen using html, but not the ideal.The idea is create a document that can be used by several organisations and then only editing one text it will edit the entrie document.Any ideas here would be most welcome

What part of the process do you need help with? And can you clarify "only editing one text it will edit the entire document"? Do you mean that a server-side script of some kind would embed only a section of this document into a textbox, and when the user posts it back to the server, the new text will replace only that section of the original document?

Hi ,I have several documents with the name of a company listed in each document with its own identity.However the complete works will have over 500 pages where the Company NAme maqy be present 5 times per page.The idea is when the user logs in - they use their company Id and this will then automate the cahnge in all documents so that th eveiwer only sees their company name and not the name of another company.I hope that makes sense

So the change is not permanently saved? If that is the case, then a server-side script can make quick work of this. With luck, the login database has a field that identifies the user's company name? If not, it can be altered to do so, or you can create another table that does so. In the document itself, instead of having the company name, you have some script tags that output the correct company name for each user.Or maybe I've misunderstood something?

Hi,Your understanding is good - yes.So the basic document is the same for all companies except the company name changes when the person logs in using that specific company name.It would be a login requirement rather than the system trying to rmeber who the person is loginin in.

Hi ,I have the pages in excel format and word format, that I want to load up without having to retype all the documents.Is there a way of soing this?If there is a way to do this what do I have to do in order to get the desired effects as expressed above?

Ouch. The native format for those files is encoded. I have read about PHP libraries that let you translate MS documents ([url="http://www.phpclasses.org/package/3553-PHP-Edit-Microsoft-Word-documents-using-COM-objects.html"here's one[/url]) but I've never used them.Anyone with experience please chime in.