Table inconvenience

darossa

Hi HTML folks!I have a very noobie question: my site is still old-fashioned table-based html-css constructed so I insert the text content inside a central table, like you see in here:páginaBut, when printing, take a look at what happens:20jk9qc.jpgAs you can see, the vertical side-borders come to a sudden end and there is no bottom border in the previous page, while there is no top border in the next, like there was only one tableframe for the text to lie inside. Actually, that's correct, since the text is enclosed by a <table></table>, but I don't want that ugly phenomenon to take place... Is there a solution?Just another question: that screenshot was taken in Opera. Also, there is a background image that fills the entire page, but when you see the print preview above, only the area enclosed by the table will be filled with the background pattern, and disalignedly. How to fix?Thanks in advance.1

Try use smaller height of table.
Not an option because the table would depend on the text lenght/ammount of content...
Switch to a div/span layout.As far as I know, there isn't anything you can do to style the way a table breaks to a new page.
Thats unfortunately not something i can implement quickly... I'm not exactly a webdesigner :) Ok, I know this doesn't demand a lot, but still there is a study do be made in order to make my site notasdeaula.org maintainable in that way... :)Any other suggestions?

Archived