Client testimonials - fade in and out

wasson23

the positioning you'll have to figure out with CSS.for fades, jquery has pretty simple implementations.http://api.jquery.com/fadeIn/http://api.jquery.com/fadeOut/
Thanks for the ideas - I do know how to determine placement within the CSS.I'm just not sure what the recommended method would be to:1) create a list of client testimonials2) call them to display with a fade in / fade outIt sounds like you are recommending a script... whereas it sounds like I would put the array of testimonials directly into my code.Any other ideas?

An "array" and "script" are basically talking about the same thing. An array is just a data structure in Javascript. It doesn't do anything on its own, you still need a script to use it.If you want to fade in or out at all, Javascript is required. There is currently no non-Javascript way to fade elements in and out. As for how you get the elements, you can just hard code each testimonial in the page and have a script that looks for the list of elements and fades them in and out in turn, or you can use an array or another data structure and have the script create the page elements dynamically. The different scripts that fade elements will work better in various situations. One script might be designed to use an existing element structure like a list, or another one might be designed to take text from an array and put it into a designated element on the page. Once you find the script you'll want to use just follow the instructions on how to get it to work.

Thanks for the ideas - I do know how to determine placement within the CSS.I'm just not sure what the recommended method would be to:1) create a list of client testimonials2) call them to display with a fade in / fade outIt sounds like you are recommending a script... whereas it sounds like I would put the array of testimonials directly into my code.Any other ideas?
right. as JSG pointed out, your array (or list, or object, or whatever your preferred data structure) of testimonials isn't going to do anything on its own. You will still need a script to take that data and make it fade in/out by setting those testimonials to the text of an element, and then animating it.

An "array" and "script" are basically talking about the same thing. An array is just a data structure in Javascript. It doesn't do anything on its own, you still need a script to use it.If you want to fade in or out at all, Javascript is required. There is currently no non-Javascript way to fade elements in and out. As for how you get the elements, you can just hard code each testimonial in the page and have a script that looks for the list of elements and fades them in and out in turn, or you can use an array or another data structure and have the script create the page elements dynamically. The different scripts that fade elements will work better in various situations. One script might be designed to use an existing element structure like a list, or another one might be designed to take text from an array and put it into a designated element on the page. Once you find the script you'll want to use just follow the instructions on how to get it to work.
Thank you for the clarification. I had implemented a script at one time which I thought was working well, but it gave me lots of validation issues so I thought maybe I was on the wrong track. Sounds like I should just keep on that route, and try to clean up the coding if I can for it? Thanks again!

Thank you for the clarification. I had implemented a script at one time which I thought was working well, but it gave me lots of validation issues so I thought maybe I was on the wrong track. Sounds like I should just keep on that route, and try to clean up the coding if I can for it? Thanks again!
If it was working, then go for it. You can always post the script here and we can help you try to clean it up.

Archived