Where can I find these details in MySQL?

reflex84

Hi Forum,I need to install a php script to my website, but the company that I bought the script from needs the following to install the script properly:MySQL hostname:MySQL database name:MySQL username:MySQL password:Now, I went onto mySQL and created a schemata. Is the name of the Schemate the Database name?What would my Hostname be? localhost? See my server is overseas so it wouldn't be localhost would it?Is the Hostname the same as the network name?Thanks .... just need clearing up

The schema name is probably the database name. If the script is going to be hosted on your server, then you can use localhost as the host name. Otherwise, if it is a remote script, use the domain name that you use to access the server.

I've uploaded the PHP script from my local folder to the remote folder under the domain name that I will publish the site to.

Otherwise, if it is a remote script, use the domain name that you use to access the server.
Are you talking about the servers domain name?Like when I connect a website's FTP ... theres a code you obviously put in which includes a domain name. like for most of my sites itsftp.hosting24hrs.com Is this domain name hosting24hrs.com what I should use for the Hostname?

If you're putting the script on the database server then just use localhost as the name. Localhost and 127.0.0.1 always point to the local computer. If that doesn't work, contact your host and ask them what hostname you should use to connect to MySQL.

Alright, I think I understand better now!!When I log onto my server and click on MySQL Administrator ... a window pops up asking to connect mysql server instance and the server host is set to 127.0.0.1 ..... which means that I must use either 127.0.0.1 or LOCALHOST ?

Archived