WAMP how to's

KaltyRulz

ok so the IT guy just refered me to wamp and so far so good... but one problem... I only know HTML and allittle Java script... he also gave me a book called Active Server Pages 3.0 in 21 days.... and so far its teaching me to use microsoft web server... well I have wamp.... anyways im so confused on what im doing i am trying to start a minor small server on my Toshiba Satellite C655 64-bit... Yes I do know its not the ideal computer to do it on but its all I got ATM.... but my problem is... is learning how to do this... so far the w3 schools (and im sorry to say this) have been no help to me but I am still looking into it... please some one help me... i would like to use Asp but my mind is open and I am ready to learn...

What exactly are you trying to do? If you want to learn ASP, which I don't recommend, then WAMP is useless to you. Only Microsoft IIS will run ASP code. But, ASP is very old. I would recommend either ASP.NET, which is completely different than ASP classic, or PHP. If you want to set up IIS you can install it from the Windows CD if your version of Windows includes it. Home versions do not include IIS. WAMP will run PHP code for you.

What exactly are you trying to do? If you want to learn ASP, which I don't recommend, then WAMP is useless to you. Only Microsoft IIS will run ASP code. But, ASP is very old. I would recommend either ASP.NET, which is completely different than ASP classic, or PHP. If you want to set up IIS you can install it from the Windows CD if your version of Windows includes it. Home versions do not include IIS. WAMP will run PHP code for you.
well I am trying to program a very small web server.... for a website.... again I am opened minded... I just installed WAMP on my laptop so I believe I am set on the programs needed...

IIS is set up to run ASP (IIS and ASP are both Microsoft-related). If you are learning ASP, then I'd suggest you look into setting up IIS instead. WAMP is Windows Apache MySQL and PHP. I haven't looked into manually installing ASP on Apache because IIS is more generally used for running ASP. What OS are you using? IIS is not available on XP Home.

Archived