Simple coding language?

Twango

Hi there, I've been developing a simple coding language all in one PHP page...Here's what i have so far:<?php$asml = $_REQUEST['submt'];//ASML tags$asmle = eregi_replace("\*rd\*", "<font color=red>", $asml);$asmle = eregi_replace("\*b\*", "<font color=blue>", $asml);//Handlingecho "<form action='asml.php' method='post'>ASML Code: <textarea width='400' height='200' name='submt'>$asml</textarea><input type='submit' value='Go'/></form>";echo "Code on a webpage:<br/><br/> $asmle";?>Now, for some reason, say I insert *rd* This is red *b* this is blue into the textarea.it returns *rd* This is red this is blue (this is blue IS blue, This is red and *rd* is not red)I want to also make this be able to add MORE tags, too.i cant figure out what's wrong.Thanks

Probably because you haven't put any closing </font> tags. I don't see any regular expressions so you should use str_replace() instead.Edit: Actually, you're overwriting $asmle in the second replace expression. You should use $asmle as the string the the second line:$asmle = eregi_replace("\*rd\*", "<font color=red>", $asml);$asmle = eregi_replace("\*b\*", "<font color=blue>", $asmle);

if you are trying to make some kind of bbcode ..i am not sure this will work efficiently. *rd* if represents the starting point of the formating there must be a end point. otherwise php wont be able to determine where to stop.eregi_* is dprecated you may like to use preg_replace() insteadfor matching *rd* using regler expression pattern i think it should be something like preg_replace("/\*rd\*/",$replace,$data)you should have use some delimeterbtw you are missing quotes in atributes value too.

Archived