How to change the style(CSS3) feature using HTML DOM and Javascript?

ekuemoah

I read about CSS3 transformations a few days ago. I want to use javascript to access this style property and change the value of it when the user clicks a button.<div id="div1" name="div1" style="transform: rotate(30deg);width: 50px;height: 50px;background-color: orange"</div>I want to use this formula to rdocument.getElementById('div1').style.transform ='rotate(30deg')'Is the above the correct way to access the the element?How do I write it for a chrome or Firefox 4.0 browser, which requires that you add a prefix like -webkit or -moz- before the property?Ex. -moz-transform: rotate(30deg)Do I write it like this document.getElementById('div1').style.mozTransform='rotate(30deg)'How do I write it?

This:document.getElementById('div1').style.transform ='rotate(30deg')';would be the correct way to write it when all major browsers support the transform property. (Or at least it should be :) )You're close with Mozilla's. You just need to capitalize the 'M'document.getElementById('div1').style.MozTransform='rotate(30deg)';I am not sure how webkit's is done. It might be webkitTransform or WebkitTransform or maybe just transform will work. I'm not sure.

Archived