onKeyPress - replace text

admod

Hi Friends,I have the following controls<asp:TextBox ID="Password" runat="server" TextMode="SingleLine" Text="Password" ></asp:TextBox><asp:HiddenField ID="uxHiddenPassword" runat="server" />The initial value of the text box says "PASSWORD" because i have no labels on the pagehowever, when someone starts typing a password, i want to **** out this passwordI pressume once i star it out, then this actually changes the value (its a registration form so i need to preserve their password to use for registering)i.e. if i * it out, i dont want their password to be a bunch of stars, so i figure i have to record this in a hidden field and use that value when doing registering?so points go to the person to who gives me the javascript that can do thisi.e. on keypress updated hidden field then replace textbox value with *ThanksAnes P.A

I have no experience in ASP, but am I wrong in assuming there's no option like in HTML for inputting passwords?

<input type="password" />

What you sound like you want to do is overly complicated in the case it has a default method for handling sensitive data.

I have no experience in ASP, but am I wrong in assuming there's no option like in HTML for inputting passwords?
<input type="password" />

What you sound like you want to do is overly complicated in the case it has a default method for handling sensitive data.

to supplement...http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type.asp

Archived