Can I insert an anchor into a table cell?

pjfarley3

I saw the example of how to change the contents of a table cell (pure text data change). I need to *sometimes* insert an <anchor> as the data in a table cell, and sometimes leave it as " ".The function to decide which rows get an <anchor> and which rows get " " would be made in the "onload" event for the document, based on the content of the first column of the row (when first cell is " ", last cell of row should also be " ", otherwise it needs to be an <anchor>).DOM solution preferred, IE-only is OK if that's all there is.TIA for any help you can provide.Peter

If you find the inner.HTML of the first row you can check it's value in a control struture. Depending on this value you can write a value to the second row, either a space or a link.This should do what you need.

<head><script>function check(){ for(i=1;i<=4;i++){ if(document.getElementById(i+'a').innerHTML==" ") {  document.getElementById(i+'b').innerHTML=" "; } else {  document.getElementById(i+'b').innerHTML="<a href='http://www.google.com'>Google</a>"; }}}</script></head><body onload="check()"><table border="1"><tr><td id="1a"> </td><td id="1b"></td></tr><tr><td id="2a">I have content</td><td id="2b"></td></tr><tr><td id="3a"> </td><td id="3b"></td></tr><tr><td id="4a">I also have content</td><td id="4b"></td></tr></table></body>