can't connect to mysql in PHP

ssffcc

in my php file, I have:

<?php // hostname or ip of server $servername='localhost'; // username and password to log onto db server $dbusername=''; $dbpassword=''; // name of database $dbname='s12921685'; connecttodb($servername,$dbname,$dbusername,$dbpassword); ////////////// Do not  edit below///////// function connecttodb($servername,$dbname,$dbuser,$dbpassword) { global $link; $link=mysql_pconnect ("$servername","$dbuser","$dbpassword"); if(!$link){die("Could not connect to MySQL");} mysql_select_db("$dbname",$link) or die ("could not open db".mysql_error()); } ?>

at run time, it throws this error:Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DreamWeaverSites\wk5\db.inc.php on line 21Could not connect to MySQL
btw, mysql database is hosted locally without username and passwordplz help

Chances are you do have a password, if you do not then I really pitty that database. Another thing you could do is assign a user and password to it so that even if you do have a username/pass and you dont realize it by making a user specifically for that database you ensure that doesn't matter.I havn't played with connect codes in a while since iv functionalized all of it for my own sanity. However you might want to try the assigning a user part to see if that helps.