Look at my site..

shek

I've been blogging from many months, Please review my blog and let me know if I can improve my blog and the ways to improve it.. :)URL: http://everything-underthe-sun.blogspot.com/ :)
fairly nice.code validates: that is great for a blogmaking comment sis not obvious. I see 0 or 1 comment at the bottom of the post but not everyone knows to click on the word COMMENT to read existing comment and compose their ownalso, look for a way for me to self validate prior to posting. This could be with google friendconnect, facebook, blogger or any other ID currently existing. There must be plugins for that on blogspot.also I suggest you use an avatar or favicon so my bookmarks and possibly rss has an identifiable logo on it.as far as layout is concerned: blogs are blogs and they pretty much run on...but it loads quickly, small tables and images expand nicely when clicked.....I like it (though the subject is not my cup of tea.)Guy

Thanks for the suggestion.. :)I couldn't understand some suggestion you gave,what do you mean by self validate prior to posting ? How do I do it ?And what do you mean by avatar for rss thing ? Do you mean a orange color rss thing ?:)

Thanks for the suggestion.. :)I couldn't understand some suggestion you gave,what do you mean by self validate prior to posting ? How do I do it ?And what do you mean by avatar for rss thing ? Do you mean a orange color rss thing ?:)
have you ever been to a blog where it says log in before commenting?many of those also let you log in with facebook, blogger, twitter, google friend connect and those people are automatically validated to post without any further registration.look at the url for this site (in most browsers) you get an icon on the URL line. If you bookmark this site, the ICON will be part of the shortcut. This helps give you visibility or brand recognition. google FAVICON and learn how to build an icon and attach it to your website.Similarly, if you have an AVATAR (google that) associated with your site, when I subscribe to an RSS feed, the AVATAR (inthis case similar to FAVICON gets added to the link. for example look at the hundreds of rss feed links at the bottom of peiblogs.comGuy

Okay got it.. I can create a favicon like the site you gave , which has 1 in a box, right ? :)But now the difficulty is, how do I embed these in a free blog ?Do yo know any site which could help me do it ?I've already added the facbook, twitter share thing in the blog. You can see it on the right side in the sidebar :)Is it right ?

Okay got it.. I can create a favicon like the site you gave , which has 1 in a box, right ? :)But now the difficulty is, how do I embed these in a free blog ?Do yo know any site which could help me do it ?I've already added the facbook, twitter share thing in the blog. You can see it on the right side in the sidebar :)Is it right ?
looking good...as for the favicon, I see this on your page source
.....{'title': 'Everything Under the Sun', 'pageType': 'index', 'url': 'http://everything-underthe-sun.blogspot.com/', 'canonicalUrl': 'http://everything-underthe-sun.blogspot.com/', 'homepageUrl': 'http://everything-underthe-sun.blogspot.com/', 'faviconUrl': 'http://www.blogger.com/favicon.ico', ...

that seems to tell me that you are fetching a favicon from blogger.com. So in your blogger profile for this site do you have an option to set a favicon?

Done.. I added favicon. Thanks for the suggestion :)Please check it out..Anything else do I need to change so that my site has more improvement ?

• 4 weeks later...

Now, I've removed the navbar, so that the site looks professional :)But don't know how to remove the navbar space, can anyone help me out ? :)

for people unfamiliar with previous incarnations of your site, could you be more specific about which space was the navbar, and as such who's space you are looking to get rid of?

I was talking about the space occupied by the navbar on the top. But now the problem is solved :)So, can I get more suggestions ? :)

I was talking about the space occupied by the navbar on the top. But now the problem is solved :)So, can I get more suggestions ? :)
Looking good. Two suggestionsavoid using copyrighted images. The IIT Exam cartoon has a big "C" in the middle of it indicating the author wanted to protect his work. Your list of LABELS is quite long and it make sit hard to see what you write about the most. Can you sort them by most frequent rather than alphabetical? IF I am looking for a topic like FISHING, I can SEARCH FISH so alpha is not "necessary". Do you have the option of using a tag cloud like representation?Guy

Great observation bro. I changed the image , thanks a lot.. :)I don't see any option in blogger to represent the tags as clouds xD. I'm trying to code the grouping of labels, but getting stuck somewhere :) I'll do label grouping soon.. Any more suggestions ? :P

I think the background looks a little 90's. you can give it a classic gradient from top to bottom or even a solid color looks nice. If you go with a solid color make sure it's pastel! Vibrant colors on the background are also 90's -haha

I couldn't understand what do you mean by 'solid color make sure it's pastel' :)Can you give me an example of what kind of background you are talking about, so that I understand it better and implement it.

I saw your blog. Your articles are informative as well as presentable. I though found labels very confusing. You should consider tagging under more common tags in hierarchy. The header image is all in text and that too very contrasting in color as the color of your blog. It would look good with an image and some special font used to display the blog name in centralized way (not stretched to the width of image).Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the suggestion.. I'm working on it :)Anymore suggestions ? :P
I think that the blog looks quite nice. I only think that the header/logo is way off in relation to the rest of the blog - Its black and yellow and the blog is blue...try to make the contrast a bit less evident. Also i don´t understand your choice of different colors and font sizes...what is the purpose with that?Other that that i think its ok :)Good luck with it xD

• 3 months later...
i love your favicon
Thank you :)
I think that the blog looks quite nice. I only think that the header/logo is way off in relation to the rest of the blog - Its black and yellow and the blog is blue...try to make the contrast a bit less evident. Also i don´t understand your choice of different colors and font sizes...what is the purpose with that? Other that that i think its ok :D Good luck with it xD
Do you have any suggestion for the header color ? :)I'm trying to figure out the best combination but couldn't think of any thing which suits it better..

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your blog is informative, but I suggest that you remove the "Can you speak english?" pop-up advertisement because it's really annoying. Your visitors will surely leave your blog as soon as the pop-up advertisement pops-up

Archived