Using iFrame to select only a certain part of a page

silent_sufferer

I've used an iframe with javascript to pass the contents of a div container to it, so i can only print that div container contents. I suppose you could do the same, by copying the content you require, hide the other content and show content in iframe only, or do you mean open a pop up with iframe within it with this content, and use a background which fill the browser viewport area window, and will overlap the main content, which you can't access till you close the pop-up window, and background with it.

hard way, create outer div container to size you require for flash game area, and use overflow:hidden; and position relative;. Insert iframe into this, whose source links to flash game page, give this position:absolute; and use top and left properties, to position the game correctly so it shows through outer div container area.easy way, look at source of page where flash game is placed, look for noscript tag, this should contain object tag code (for IE), and within that embed code (other browsers), now just add 'http://armorgames.com' to beginning of link to swf file within these, and paste it to your page, just watch out for copyright police though.

• 1 month later...

Archived