Creating a mobile site

yeahman

Amateur here. I want to create a mobile version of my simple website with the same main content but with different headers (e.g., no banner or background). I don't want to have to edit both versions whenever I change the content. What is the best way to do this? I was think of putting all the content in xml then creating separate full and mobile pages with php to extract the content from the xml. Is that the best way? I don't want to format the content differently so xml formatting seems like overkill. Thank you.

Amateur here. I want to create a mobile version of my simple website with the same main content but with different headers (e.g., no banner or background). I don't want to have to edit both versions whenever I change the content. What is the best way to do this? I was think of putting all the content in xml then creating separate full and mobile pages with php to extract the content from the xml. Is that the best way? I don't want to format the content differently so xml formatting seems like overkill. Thank you.
You should be able to do this with media specific style sheets. On my website I have, for example:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" media="screen"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="stylep.css" type="text/css" media="print"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="stylem.css" type="text/css" media="handheld">

My handheld style sheet is a copy of the main style sheet with background colours, text effects and ALL images turned off.testing: set your browser width to about 400px rename main style sheet to temp rename stylem to styletestundowhat I have found, however is that blackberry and other "full browser" phones do not respond/identify as "handheld" so they use the regular style sheet.There must be a way to target all handheld....Guy

Archived