Why it doesn´t work? Is this the solution?

eduard

Sorry, but I don't buy it. The book is, what, $30? If you're serious about learning this stuff, if you really want to help yourself, then you'll be able to find $30 somewhere to help you do that. In other words, if it's important to you, then you can find a way to make it happen. If you can't make it happen, then it must not be important to you. I've heard you give a lot of excuses about why you can't do whatever, but there are always a thousand excuses not to do something. I'm not interested in your excuses why you're not going to do something, I want to see a commitment that you're going to overcome your problems and help yourself out.They're not true at all, they are in fact your prejudices. Look at this, a list of Linux user groups in Chile:http://www.gulix.cl/wiki/Otras_Comunidades_GNU/LinuxYou think the people in Linux user groups don't understand databases, and don't know how to program? I guarantee they do. I've also seen a listing for a PHP user group in Santiago, and here you go, here's the Chilean Oracle user group:http://www.cloug.org/1.htmlYou think the Oracle user group knows something about databases? I think they probably do.
I didn´t ask ASK you to buy a book for me! Another prejudice! There´s only person that will buy a book of php and that´s ME!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would I know what you've been doing? All I know is what I see here, and what I see here is people repeatedly explaining the same things (like $_POST), and you repeatedly asking questions because you still don't understand. That seems to me like you're not making an effort to learn it. If you were making an effort to learn it, you would get a book and take the responsibility to learn it for yourself instead of expecting us to answer the same questions over and over. If we explain what $_POST is to you 10 times, and you still don't understand, what difference is it going to make if we try again? Obviously you're not able to learn what we're trying to teach you, so why does it make sense for us to keep trying?I believe that you think you're making an effort, but I don't think that what you are doing is effective. You should know it's not effective, and look for a better way. I'm trying to tell you that a book like Programming PHP is a better way.Right, so there are plenty of people near you who know this stuff, but you still say that Chileans don't understand this, which is why that is a prejudicial statement. You are prejudiced against Chileans.So stop making excuses, get the book, and help yourself!
There´s 1 company that uses SQL (LAN Airlines)! But check it yourself!

I got it and it works! It was a simple curly brasch (})! How many times have I written that it´s really dificult-especially when it´s dark-to see the difference between ( and }! No, INSTEAD I receive many replies from persons that I don´t learn in the right way! If someone calls you with another name, you don´t like it either!

I got it and it works! It was a simple curly brasch (})! How many times have I written that it´s really dificult-especially when it´s dark-to see the difference between ( and }! No, INSTEAD I receive many replies from persons that I don´t learn in the right way! If someone calls you with another name, you don´t like it either!
I have said this three times. You left it open and needed to close it.

actually, if you weren't so busy being ungrateful, and arguing with everyone over well intentioned suggestions aimed at trying to get you to LEARN, on our own time I might add, you might not have overlooked our suggestions to this EXACT PROBLEM.
well, if you've learned the basics you would already know when they are used and in what contexts. Maybe change your monitor resolution or increase the zoom on your web browser?
Use a different font. Try Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, it's easy to distinguish between ( and {, and 1, I, l, and 0, O, etc.http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf...ream-vera/1.10/
or just keep bi^$#ing, whatever suits you best.edit: sorry, I highly anticipate this thread being locked any minute now (with or without my help with this most recent post :)) but it's kind of the M.O. as far as eduardchile threads go.. so I don't feel too bad...

I didn´t ask ASK you to buy a book for me!
The expression "I don't buy it" means "I don't believe you", I wasn't offering to purchase the book for you.
Another prejudice!
You don't know me Eduard, and I would like you to stop claiming that I am prejudiced. You don't know me well enough to claim one way or the other.
There´s 1 company that uses SQL (LAN Airlines)!
No, there is 1 company in Chile which lists their website as using MySQL on the MySQL site. Any company, regardless of where they are located, which deals with storing and retrieving large amounts of data is using a database. Any retail chain, any restaurant chain, any services company (cleaners, package delivery, hotels, etc), any government agency, all of them are using databases. They're not storing their data in giant text files, they're using a database. Even if they're Chilean, they still know enough to know how to store large amounts of data in a way that is efficient to retrieve.
How many times have I written that it´s really dificult-especially when it´s dark-to see the difference between ( and }! No, INSTEAD I receive many replies from persons that I don´t learn in the right way!
What is the solution if you can't read the characters, Eduard? Is it our fault that you can't tell the difference? Maybe you turn your font size up. Maybe you use a different font, like the one I recommended in this very thread (which you ignored). It's not our fault you can't read the characters, if you can't read them then it is your responsibility, not ours, to make it so that you can read them. Take a little responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else. Every single person who has responded to any of your questions has one goal in mind: to help you. But that doesn't stop you from blaming us, that our answers don't exactly match the tutorials, that too many people are answering, that our answers are too technical, etc. It's always our fault, isn't it?

I have said this three times. You left it open and needed to close it.
I looked at it often, but I didn´t see the opening .....!

The expression "I don't buy it" means "I don't believe you", I wasn't offering to purchase the book for you.You don't know me Eduard, and I would like you to stop claiming that I am prejudiced. You don't know me well enough to claim one way or the other.No, there is 1 company in Chile which lists their website as using MySQL on the MySQL site. Any company, regardless of where they are located, which deals with storing and retrieving large amounts of data is using a database. Any retail chain, any restaurant chain, any services company (cleaners, package delivery, hotels, etc), any government agency, all of them are using databases. They're not storing their data in giant text files, they're using a database. Even if they're Chilean, they still know enough to know how to store large amounts of data in a way that is efficient to retrieve.What is the solution if you can't read the characters, Eduard? Is it our fault that you can't tell the difference? Maybe you turn your font size up. Maybe you use a different font, like the one I recommended in this very thread (which you ignored). It's not our fault you can't read the characters, if you can't read them then it is your responsibility, not ours, to make it so that you can read them. Take a little responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else. Every single person who has responded to any of your questions has one goal in mind: to help you. But that doesn't stop you from blaming us, that our answers don't exactly match the tutorials, that too many people are answering, that our answers are too technical, etc. It's always our fault, isn't it?
First, I´ve never said that it´s always your fault!Second, I am referring to the tutorials (especially!) and also in many replies from different persons it wasn´t clear the difference between ( and }!Sorry, I missed the first parts of your reply!NO I DON´T KNOW YOU AND THAT´S A FACT!

:). Seriously. Just listen to what people say, try to work through your problems by yourself, and stay calm. Have you really benefited by replying in the way you have for the last dozen or so posts?Also, use an editor that can match braces, so that you can see when one is unclosed.

actually, if you weren't so busy being ungrateful, and arguing with everyone over well intentioned suggestions aimed at trying to get you to LEARN, on our own time I might add, you might not have overlooked our suggestions to this EXACT PROBLEM.or just keep bi^$#ing, whatever suits you best.edit: sorry, I highly anticipate this thread being locked any minute now (with or without my help with this most recent post :)) but it's kind of the M.O. as far as eduardchile threads go.. so I don't feel too bad...
You are right! But I also said that I haven´t enough time to read all the replies (e. g. a failure of the internet again last night!)! This is a good example! You posted it yesterday and I read it now! However, it goes better now! (less questions > less replies>)

:). Seriously. Just listen to what people say, try to work through your problems by yourself, and stay calm. Have you really benefited by replying in the way you have for the last dozen or so posts?Also, use an editor that can match braces, so that you can see when one is unclosed.
This was/is the simple solution:http://www.hcibook.com/meandeviation/php-s...ck+another+file

Archived