javascript manual

birbal

can any one say where can i find brief javascript manual? i ahd tried to find in w3schools (document object). but it seems that its not documented all the properties and methods there. is there any kind of brief manualof js as php have?thanks!

For object instances like document and window, most of those references are vendor-specific.
is there any document which is not vendor specific,works in most modern browser (common methods and properties)?

The Mozilla documentation center is probably the single best reference, but I also use the Opera Developer website. It has lots of very high quality, up-to-date tutorials that are extremely useful. There is also a mini javascript reference somewhere on Opera.com, but I can't find it ATM.

A problem with this idea is that there are so many implementations of ECMAScript, some of which are called JavaScript. But they don't all run in browsers. PLUS: Not all browsers use the most recent ECMAScript version. FF stays pretty close, but the others lag.So an ECMAScript manual on its own would be of limited value.Then you have the DOM API, which exists separate from JavaScript.Add to that the IE fiasco . . .It's not like the working groups for the different projects are strangers, but you still have to ask who is responsible for what, including publication.As developed as it is, knowledge about JavaScript is almost folklore. With a little touch of Zen. I don't even know what I know because I learned a lot of it in bits and pieces scattered all over cyberspace. I am dead serious about this.And you want the concise version!Maybe I'll write one. :)

thanks for the links fmdpa and justsomeguy. mozilla docs seems pretty good to me.

Not all browsers use the most recent ECMAScript version. FF stays pretty close, but the others lag.
that is one of the reason i dont like client side scripting much. pretty redundant and lack of uniqueness.Sometime it is confusing me.
I don't even know what I know because I learned a lot of it in bits and pieces scattered all over cyberspace. I am dead serious about this.
its consume lots of time to collect the scattered pieces.i tried to find a complete good manual in net. but did not able to find any suitable one which will unique for all browser.I wish some one would do that job near future.
Maybe I'll write one
you can take me as your first reader :)

Archived