Refreshing View on PHP server

Guest judgedice

Guest judgedice

I'm using dreamweaver and a remote testing server with PHP. After a few changes to the file, I have to wait quite a while to view the new page in IE. (or Mozilla for that matter) it's as if the new code wasn't in the folder yet.I use dreamweavers folder management, and try saving to desktop, and dragging the file into the server folder. The code parses fine, but after a number of updates, the page doesn't refresh. (the IE settings are checking on every visit) I'll make a more noticible change, say, the title of the document, but it doens't have any effect. I just have to wait to get my refreshed view.There must be a better way!!judge dice

I get that as well. Just go to the page, press F5, if that doesn't work press ctrl+F5 (total reload with deletion of the 'old' version) on the start page of your site.Click to wherever you wanna go, if the specific page isn't refreshed then click right mouse button and select refresh for that page. It's a fiddling job every now and then; I got used to making sure the page I watch is the same as the version I saved five seconds ago.Ofcourse it might take a tad longer when you upload to (or download from) a remote server. I'm quite new at this but it's the only thing I can come up with.

Saving it to an external server can take some time, most editting software shows when the saving is done. When a page is editted it get's a * behind the name in it's tab. When the page is done saving that * is gone...After press f5 in your browser and if you dont see a change their is indeed a possibility that IE or Firefox cached the website, you can empty the cache by pressing ctrl+f5