referring to an ID

novicenate

is there a way to refer to an element's ID to the point of making that element perform certain actions as detailed in a function? For example, say I have a bullet list with an ID="listone" and a class="liststyleoff" I want to make it so when that list item is hovered over, the class is changed to "liststyleon" and when the mouse leaves the list item, the class returns to "liststyleoff". thanks

is there a way to refer to an element's ID to the point of making that element perform certain actions as detailed in a function?  For example, say I have a bullet list with an ID="listone" and a class="liststyleoff" I want to make it so when that list item is hovered over, the class is changed to "liststyleon" and when the mouse leaves the list item, the class returns to "liststyleoff".  thanks

U can call function on OnMouseOver event of that element.and U can refer an element by its id as getElementById("listone").class = "liststyleon" / "liststyleoff";

Actually it would be like this

var obj = document.getElementById('idGoesHere');obj.onmouseover = function(){this.className='classForMouseOver'}obj.onmouseout = function(){this.className='classForMouseOut'}