Capture HTML form data with PHP

maureengrady

I need to capture the output data from a form on someone else's website. Their website requires a string as an input and then outputs a table of data. I would like to automatically, with HTML, call their URL with the data string required as an input and then capture the data output with my PHP code so that I can put it in a file and process it. Thanks for your help. :)

Forgive my brutality, but why would you want to do that? Can you request the author of that site to make any changes to a page? As far as I know, form data is parsed thru a php script defined on the page (the script runs once you enter the submit button) and that script wil receive and 'handle' the data. I'm not sure but I believe everything happens at server side.For as far as I know, the easiest thing you could do is ask the site admin for an Excel output of the database. This will not happen if the website has a privacy statement.

Forgive my brutality, but why would you want to do that? Can you request the author of that site to make any changes to a page? As far as I know, form data is parsed thru a php script defined on the page (the script runs once you enter the submit button) and that script wil receive and 'handle' the data. I'm not sure but I believe everything happens at server side.For as far as I know, the easiest thing you could do is ask the site admin for an Excel output of the database. This will not happen if the website has a privacy statement.

I'll try to ask for the data directly - good idea!

There's multiple ways for the site admin of getting you that data, one is a query, but a less complex way is to use a database utility such as PHPmyAdmin.