XML in web development jobs?

attila2452

do you acutially use XML in webdesign and development? because im looking on a few sites that are hiring for web developers and some of the requirements are:Microsoft OfficeASP.NETCSSHTMLJavaScriptSQLVBScriptXMLThis is the full list.Required Technical Skills:• Cross Browser development;• Valid and Standards compliant HTML/CSS;• JavaScript/VBScript;• .NET/ASP/SQL;• XML;• Proficient in graphic design tools;• Knowledge of accessibility standards WCAG 2.0, CLF 2.0, WAI-ARIA.Additional Skills• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3;• Strong understanding of web services architecture; • User-Centric development/design;• SEO/Analytics/Social Media Marketing;• Knowledge of recruiting, recruiting best practices.Soft Skills:• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks is crucial;• Strong written and oral communication skills;• Ability to analyze customer requests and provide solutions;• Collaborative approach to problem solving;• Involvement in team growth;• Client focused.and so , how many of us are actuially proficcent in XML, and with that, how often are we required to use it? and where do we use it!

XML is widely used as an alternative to a database. It has several advantages over a database. 1, a single document can do what a database requires multiple tables to do. 2, it is easily portable. 3, it can be edited in a plain text editor. 4, it can be read and understood by humans. 5, an entire document (the equivalent of an entire database) can be transmitted over the Internet. Server-side languages AND client-side JavaScript can use DOM techniques to read and edit an XML document.A useful example. Your client wants the ability to edit an arbitrary number of customer documents stored in XML. A javascript application can read this data, display it in a spreadsheet interface, allow the user to make changes to the document, and post it to the server, and all the server has to do is write the XML to disk. No additional parsing or SQL is required.XML is also becoming hugely important because it is the structure of an RSS feed. I expect the use and complexity of such feeds to increase geometrically in the next few years.It is also possible to translate XML into presentable documents (like PDF and HTML) using XSLT stylesheets.Many businesses use no XML at all. I have no idea how many use it extensively, but I expect its popularity to grow.XML itself is pitifully easy to write because there are only a few rules. Being an XML expert means learning how to efficiently read and write data. It might also mean knowing XSLT, which is quite a bit more complicated.

XML is widely used as an alternative to a database. It has several advantages over a database. 1, a single document can do what a database requires multiple tables to do. 2, it is easily portable. 3, it can be edited in a plain text editor. 4, it can be read and understood by humans. 5, an entire document (the equivalent of an entire database) can be transmitted over the Internet. Server-side languages AND client-side JavaScript can use DOM techniques to read and edit an XML document.A useful example. Your client wants the ability to edit an arbitrary number of customer documents stored in XML. A javascript application can read this data, display it in a spreadsheet interface, allow the user to make changes to the document, and post it to the server, and all the server has to do is write the XML to disk. No additional parsing or SQL is required.XML is also becoming hugely important because it is the structure of an RSS feed. I expect the use and complexity of such feeds to increase geometrically in the next few years.It is also possible to translate XML into presentable documents (like PDF and HTML) using XSLT stylesheets.Many businesses use no XML at all. I have no idea how many use it extensively, but I expect its popularity to grow.XML itself is pitifully easy to write because there are only a few rules. Being an XML expert means learning how to efficiently read and write data. It might also mean knowing XSLT, which is quite a bit more complicated.
Im wondering this because of the fact that i was also proposed a job for a Store selling their online items. im not sure if i would rather use PHP and MySQL OR XML and HTML. because of the fact that this person that requires the website does not know html, css, javascript or xml, they won't know how to edit their information. and so im thinking about using wordpress. where they are able to edit their content quickly and the usability is seamless.

Archived