website review

gongpex

hello everyone,I have finish my website that only using XHTML and CSS,
I see that WEB OF TRUST gives you a poor rating. I suggest you find out why and remedy the situation.The yellow and green with rounded corners is a nice effect. The contrast is reasonable though not ideal for colour blindness.I like the large graphics to denote the areas of your website. Personally I would prefer not to see the square around the image on mouse over. It is obvious enough it will be a link without the highlighting.What goes in the big green rectangle at the top? I thought I saw a flicker of an image which then disappears to a solid green colour.From a point of view of retaining your reader. I don't know why I would click on any of them. The words below do not tell me what to expect. What is a home tree and a grape? SHOP NOW does not add anything to to the description--use line two to tell me more.....maybe that can go in the unused top section.After clicking on a few links, I see you sell t-shirts and other paraphernalia with the theme associated with the picture - so tell me that on the home page. I don't see any reason or advantage for opening second level pages in a new window....they also seem to load quite slowly but I did not investigate why.Finally there is no ABOUT ME or CONTACT link anywhere. Before I make a purchase form someone I would like to know who they are.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't even view the site as Trend-Micro gave me a warning about a dangerous site. You might want to check into that. I would do whatever I can to prevent one of my sites from getting blacklisted by anybody.

I find yellow and green combination very poor. Rounded corner look right with white corners. The green and white "Ads by Google" header provides best example how you should be creative to provide title to your content blocks. Try gradients or other features.My cafe logo does not have any picture. It is not attractive as its name is.I really like the image use for products.There are no tabs such as home, sign in, shop cafe on the front page which makes user lonely at first glance and ready to leave if he/she has less time to look around for products you are providing.Your menus are working and very presentable.Good Luck.

Archived