Homepage with multiple pages

satimis

Hi folks,What will be a good practice to name multiple pages1)Page_1/Page_2/Page_3 etc.links:/path/to/page_1/path/to/page_2etc]Or2)Assign each page with a name e.g. name_1/name_2 etc.links:/path/to/name_1/path/to/name-2etc.TIAB.R.satimis

It depends on what you're doing with them. If your user will access them only through links and location bar, then content-oriented names might be better. I mean: /path/to/kitchens.html/path/to/bedrooms.htmlIf the pages are being used dynamically by JavaScript or a server-side language like PHP, then a common stem + numbers might work better. I would go with the _ instead of - as it is the usual convention and does not require the shift key.

Hi folks,Thanks for your advice.I think name will be better for users making search. How to avoid duplicate names? Keeping them on a list? Referring to the list first before assigning a new name to a new page? TIAB.R.satimis

If you have so many pages that you think naming collisions are a possibility, then you should probably be using some sort of database and dynamically generating output. Nevertheless, filesystems will automatically prevent you from creating multiple files with the same name.

Archived